Monday, August 17, 2009

Okay, maybe 1 more food post from Shanghai!

I forgot to mention in the previous post that I tried another American based company here: Coldstone Creamery...I don't think we can even find it in Toronto yet (I know they're in Vancouver though)? For those that don't know, it's an ice cream specialty shop, that became popular with the way the staff make a flavour of your choice right in front of you...basically you choose at least one accessory (for example, chocolate chips or caramel sauce) to be mixed with a base flavour. As with any other specialty store, the prices are higher than average. I paid about $7 CDN for a scoop. The ice cream is very creamy, and I doubt the quality here is that much different from the US locations (I can't really say as I've never tried it in the US) since it's a chain. But I can't say it was worth the price...definitely not comparable to the price-to-quality ratio of the Haagen-Dasz shops here.

I also tried another flavour of chips! I know I said I wouldn't before, but I had to try this flavour. Lychee flavoured chips! And it actually had a strong lychee flavour. I also picked up a hint of the mango flavour from the mango flavour chips I mentioned before (like I said, I guess they're limited in flavour combinations). But at least it wasn't salty!

UPDATE:

My ice cream from Coldstone Creamery. Sorry for the bad white balancing (the ice cream was not actually tinted greenish yellow).


Lychee flavoured chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment