Friday, August 28, 2009

It was only a matter of time...

...until I got really sick. I managed to dodge an illness while in Shanghai, which surprised me. I actually had a minor cold while I was in Shanghai, but that lasted about a day, and some rest easily took care of it. I didn't even have to take an Advil! A few of my Italian friends got sick for several days, all with a fever, due to upper respiratory infections.

Well the same happened to me yesterday! After grabbing a few beers with two friends from back home who are both now in Hong Kong, I woke up on Thursday morning to a massive headache and a slight fever. After taking an Advil, I started to feel a little better an hour later, so that's when I wrapped up my photo updates. But later on in the afternoon, the fever and headache came back (even the shakes!), so I decided to see a doctor. Turns out I also have an upper respiratory infection! Usually I prefer not to take antibiotics, but since I have a fever and I'm planning on flying to Japan in a few days, I obviously have to take them. It must be some bacteria that's common in China (and Hong Kong) that us foreigners aren't used to? Well, I better go get some rest again.

No comments:

Post a Comment