Thursday, June 3, 2010

The end...?

Well that's it! The end of my 2009 backpacking trip! (On a side note, I know it took me a long time to finally get this all done, but I'm not getting paid to blog right?!) It was filled with many ups and downs - I'd like to think mostly ups - but I wouldn't change the way anything happened....I believe it all happens for a reason. For now, my world travelling is done, while I figure out my future, and more importantly, try to set up the right career so that I can have money for more backpacking haha! The costs were heavy, but I'm really glad I did this trip and would recommend any fresh undergraduate to do the same. A lot of people call it a "gap year" (even though most people travel for only a couple of months) but I don't see it that way, because while it might seem like I was taking time off from my "regular" life, I was still learning a lot and making new experiences. Plus, I wish I had the money to have done a full year hahaha. There's a handful of people that helped me make this trip happen, especially my mom, and I'll always be very grateful for their help. I know how few get a chance to do something like this, and I'll always appreciate the opportunity I got. It's true what they say about these trips - I really did find out more about myself, though I still feel pretty lost...but then again, how many people actually completely find their way, right? Mystery is what makes life fun to live!

And with that said, I can't wait to go on my next backpacking trip! I have something big planned for my next one, but I know it will take a lot of time and effort to get the funds for it. I'll probably do a much shorter one just to hold me over until I can do the next big one. For the time being, it's "the end"...but you can bet I'll be back out there as soon as I can afford it! So until next time, to all the other backpackers out there, bon voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment